Dr. Carolyn Calloway-Thomas
- Will deliver a keynote speech at the 10th biennial convention of the Pacific and Asian Communication Association (PACA) in Bandung, Indonesia , June 24-28.
- Delivered the keynote speech at the ”Translating Culture, Negotiating Difference: Religion, Law and Business conference at Saint Louis University, USA, March 28th.
- Awarded a $5000.00 Phase II Scholarship of Teaching and Learning Grant from the Office of the Vice Provost for Undergraduate Education at Indiana University to conduct a study on academic integrity from a cross cultural perspective.
- Her research piece, “Mary Ann Shadd Cary: A Crusader for Cultural, Economic and Political Rights,” appears as a resource on the Women and Social Movements WASM) website, a contribution to the Black Suffragists database.
- Served as a reader/evaluator for the Ford Foundation Fellowship Program, March 13-14.
Prof. Salleh Hassan, UPM
- Visited Maejo University and Chiang Mai University in Chiangmai, Thailand (1-4 May 2014). This visit is part of the academic activities of the class Development Communication that he taught in the Second Semester of 2013/14 school year. The delegation from the Department of Communication, Universiti Putra Malaysia consisted of thirty graduate students and 4 professors. The aim of the visit are to see the development programs in the community organized by the respective university, to share knowledge on communication teaching among universities in Asean and to strengthen linlkages among Asean universiites.
- Attended the International Radio Forum (IRF) organized by Islamic Republic of Iran Broadcasting (IRIB) (10-14 May 2014). This forum is part of the Radio Festival conducted by IRIB. Participants from 20 countries took part in the IRF. The theme of the IRF was ‘Rethinking Radio’. A total of 100 research papers on radio were discussed. Besides the IRF there were awards ceremony for radio competition in term content and creativity of radio programs. Radio producers from China and Serbia were among the winners of the competition. There was also exhibition on the history and development of radio in Iran.
Has written interesting article that can be read here.
Dr. Melissa Beall
She was recognized as the Distinguished Scholar for 2013-2014 at the University of Northern Iowa.
Dr. Robin M. Boylorn
- Over the past academic year he has received the following awards:1) 2014, Last Lecture (Teaching) Award, The Graduate School, University of Alabama.
- 2014, Best Book Award (Sweetwater: Black Women and Narratives of Resilience), International Congress of Qualitative Inquiry.
- 2013, Best Book Award (Sweetwater: Black Women and Narratives of Resilience), Ethnography Division, National Communication Association.
- 2013, H. L. Goodall, Jr. & Nicholas Lee Trujillo ‘It’s A Way of Life’ Award in Narrative Ethnography (for Sweetwater: Black Women and Narratives of Resilience), International Congress of Qualitative Inquiry and National Communication Association Ethnography Division
Dr. Eletra Gilchrist-Petty
She received tenure and was promoted to associate professor at The University of Alabama in Huntsville.