The 2013 World Communication Association conference was held in Seoul, Korea at Sungkyunkwan University from August 8-12. A post-conference study tour followed from August 13-16. Using the professional resources of travel company, HanaTour ITC, members
• Visited DMZ, including Imjingak, The 3rd Dorasan Station.
• Experienced the joys of Joeonju Hanok Village and saw hundreds of elegant wooden Korean homes, many of which have now been converted into guesthouses, museums, galleries and tea houses.
• Interacted with local citizens at Andong Hahoe Village, a delightful blend of thatched –roof houses and tiled-roof Yangban (the noble class) villas of the Joseon Dynasty.
• Witnessed the vivid life of local people at the dynamic and lively Jumunjin Fish Market.
• Experienced much more, of course! Motivated? Then please join us at the upcoming 2015 conference, which will be held in Lisbon, Portugal from July 30-August 3, with a post-conference study tour to follow from August 4-8. Study tours are regular features of the WCA and help ensure that members are in touch with the rich diversity of cultures worldwide. In this way, we promote peace and facilitate intercultural dialogue.